Contacts

Choose your language

English
Find
Newsletter

Subscribe for the latest information on the project

The Number of the Nights Spent in the Accommodation Establishments in Bulgaria Rose by18.9%

In the third quarter of 2011, the total number of the nights spent in the accommodation establishments was 11 155.8 thousand and rose by 1 769.5 thousand (18.9%) compared to the same period of 2010, the National Statistical Institute informs. In the third quarter of 2011, the number of nights spent by Bulgarian citizens in accommodation establishments was 2 972.6 thousand and increased by 361.4 thousand (13.8%) compared to the same quarter of 2010.

 The number of the nights spent by foreigners in accommodation establishments increased by 20.8%. More nights were spent by the residents of the following countries: China - by 111.7%, Lithuania - by 84.1%, Latvia - by 82.0%, Ukraine - by 74.2%, Malta - by 73.0%, Luxembourg - by 71.3%, South Africa - by 68.0%, Slovakia - by 60.5%, Hungary - by 59.9%, Australia - by 54.3%, FYROM – by 40.9%, Romania - by 39.4%, Czech Republic - by 38.2%, Ireland - by 35.8%, etc. A decrease in the nights spent in accommodation establishments by foreigners was observed from Brazil - by 80.4%, Portugal – by 24.5%, Estonia - by 20.1%, Japan - by 17.5%, Spain - by 16.2%, etc.

 In the third quarter of 2011, the total number of arrivals in accommodation establishments increased by 341.6 thousand (18.5%) and was 2 193.2 thousand. The relative share of arrivals of Bulgarian citizens was 41.2% of all arrivals. The number of foreign arrivals in accommodation establishments increased by 208.0 thousand (19.2%) compared to the same period of the previous year. The greatest share has citizens from Germany (17.4%). Almost all foreigners (98.4%) prefer to spend the night in hotels and the rest 1.6% - in other accommodation establishments.The total occupation of the bed-places in accommodation establishments in the third quarter of 2011 was 49.5% which was 9.6 percentage points above the registered in the same period of 2010.

 In the third quarter of 2011, 3 450 accommodation establishments - hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets and other establishments for short-term accommodation with more than 10 bed places were functioned in the country. The number of rooms in them was 116.3, while the number of the bed places - 259.3 thousand. In comparison with the same period of 2010 the total number of accommodation establishments increased by 3.0%, while the rooms and the bed-places in them decreased by 2.1 and 2.8% respectively.

Reintroduction of Red Deer in the Eastern Rhodopes

New Thracian Gold and the National Hunting and Fishing Association - Union of Hunters and Anglers in Bulgaria work together to recover the...

read more »

Hiking

1. Eco trail Bolyartsi to Perperikon (2,5 h)Municipality of Kardzhali, Eastern RhodopesMore than 5 millennia ago, ancient people started...

read more »